There Are Lots Of Ways To Boost Your Immunity
All it takes is a little perseverance, diligence, and desire.
If you are one of those people who catch every cold, every flu, every illness that passes by them, you seriously need to take a look at your immune system. You need to find ways to boost your immunity against all the virus’s out there. It’s not helping your immunity when every time you get sick, the immune system weakens, opening up the next sickness to climb on in.
Everyone, sooner or later get the flu or the virus. I caught what I think was the flu a couple years ago. Had me in bed for two days. That was it. No colds, or bronchial sickness for a couple years now.
The Key to getting and staying healthy is by putting good nutritious food in your body.
Bad eating habits, Stress, Illness or disease are some of the causes of weakened immune systems.
Some people could have an Immunity Disease and not know it
From The Mayo Clinic
“Primary immunodeficiency disorders — also called primary immune disorders or primary immunodeficiency — weaken the immune system, allowing infections and other health problems to occur more easily.
Many people with primary immunodeficiency are born missing some of the body’s immune defenses, which leaves them more susceptible to germs that can cause infections.
Some forms of primary immunodeficiency are so mild they may go unnoticed for years. Other types are severe enough that they’re discovered almost as soon as an affected baby is born.
Treatments can boost the immune system for many types of primary immunodeficiency disorders. Most people with the condition lead relatively normal, productive lives.”
So…….If you think you are someone who needs to boost your immune system, there are lots of ways. The information on this post is about the best foods to eat to boost your immunes system.
There is a definite connection between nutrition and immunity.
Foods That Boost The Immune System
- Chicken Soup-Amazing right? Mom and Grandma were right again. This dish gives much more than comfort. The acid, Amino Cysteine is released while cooking this soup. The action of this chemical resembles the Bronchitis Drug acetylcysteine. It helps clear the lungs, decrease coughing, Eating this soup at least once a week will help dramatically to keep lungs and immunity strong. There is much study on the powers of this soup. Adding extra Onions and Garlic is even better. Read more from Duke University
- Garlic-This yummy food contains an active compound called Allicin, which is beneficial to the immune system because it is an antioxidant. The medicinal and beneficial use is well documented by all civilizations including, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Chinese and Babylonians. The serving for optimum benefit, 6 cloves, cooked in food, weekly. For Immune maintenance, at least 2 cloves. Warning: If you have a bleeding disorder, or are taking blood-thinning medications, talk to your doctor before increasing your intake of Garlic.
- Green Tea-This tea along with my favorite mixes provides many vitamins and minerals to keep your immune system working properly. Read my posts on Making Your Own Tea, And How To Grow Green Tea.
- Hot Peppers-This food has more benefits than you can imagine. It is even linked to longevity. People who eat Hot Peppers regular by making spicy foods, boost their immunity and lower their blood pressure while living longer. Amazing Right?
- Oats and Barley-These are rich in antioxidants and needed vitamins and minerals needed to boost the immune system. One serving a day will help in boosting the immune system. Optimum serving for extra boost is 3 servings a day. Bread, Healthy muffins, Cereal, Soups.
- Zinc Rich Foods-Zinc is very important for boosting the White Blood Cells that are responsible for fighting off bacterial and viral infections. It is very important to keep White Cells strong to aid in boosting your immunity. You can achieve abundant Zinc benefits by eating foods rich in Zinc. Beef, Oysters, Fortified Cereal, Yogurt, Pork, Poultry and Milk.
- Sweet Potatoes-Delivers 40% of your DV of Vitamin A as Beta-Carotene. A one-half cup serving a day helps the Immune System. When thinking of Vitamin A Beta Carotene, think Orange, as in Carrots, Squash, Cantaloupe, and canned Pumpkin. These also carry massive amounts of Vitamin A, Beta Carotene.
- Yogurt-Eating at least 2, 6oz. servings a day will increase your Immune System. Yogurt is chock full of probiotics, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Bifidus. These help the digestive system stay on track, and they also help boost the Immune System by maintaining the balance of bacteria.
- Oranges, Ginger, Broccoli, Spinach and Almonds-All of these pack a multitude of vitamins and minerals that will boost the Immune System by delivering high doses of Vitamin C, A and immune boosting minerals. A couple oranges a day or orange juice. Spinach and Broccoli 4 times a week, Ginger in the form of tea once a day or sprinkled in coffee. A handful of Almonds a day will boost your system.
- Oysters and Shellfish-Also Salmon and Mackeral. Full of Omega-3. If you don’t like fish of any kind as some don’t, you can always take supplements.
The list Is Much Larger. I felt these were the most widely eaten foods.
Stress Is An Immunity Killer
Seek out ways to reduce stress. Do something you enjoy, something that relaxes you. Bingo, Knitting, Writing, Yoga, Exercise, Nature Walks, Being With Family. Whatever makes your stress go down, do it. It’s what you enjoy. Stress is a killer. I fight Stress Every day. You need to fight too. Repeating what relaxes you is the key to fighting Stress. Drink a cup of Green Tea before bed to relax your mind.
Baoding Balls Chinese Health Exercise Stress Balls Chrome Color
Boosting and Keeping Your Immune System working at optimum performance Takes Determination
Which brings me to my favorite subject: Healthy Food. We can all benefit by incorporating as many of these foods into our daily diet. Who doesn’t want to feel good, have energy, stay healthy, live longer?
So, it’s time to look at starting to eat a little healthier. We can do this gradually like I did.
Super Immunity: The Essential Nutrition Guide for Boosting Your Body’s Defenses to Live Longer, Stronger, and Disease Free
I started out to eat healthy, go back to basics like my Mom and Grandma. Turns out, they were so right in so many ways. I remember all the wonderful things they taught me and the many people along my lifetime. It was time for a change. Now I do not eat Fast Food, Processed Food, or anything in a box. I have made the transition over a few years. I did it in segments. Small steps, and now I have been completely clean of Fast Food or processed food for almost 5 years. I know how bad I would probably feel right now if I didn’t. All that crap weighs you down, packs on pounds and puts way more garbage in your body than nutrition.
Make a point to start eating more green vegetables and less Fast Food. More homemade food instead of boxed.
Just doing one thing different will start the ball rolling. Then in a week or a month, try something else. Your choices at your pace. You will be so amazed at yourself after just one year. You will seek to do more, learn more ways to attain optimum nutrition. Your reward or the big Prize is a Healthier you. Eat to live, not live to Eat.
This site is dedicated to giving you the basics of Healthy Eating, also Healthy Mind. Please browse the menu for the many ways to learn how to get healthy. Plan a garden this year with vitamin and mineral packed food. Kale is my number one, then Tomatoes, then Strawberries, then my Herbs, then my Teas. It all falls together. Take this journey with me and learn how to get a healthier you.
There are However acceptable Supplements if you can’t eat these foods on a regular basis, or simply if you choose not to. You can buy Vitamins and Minerals over the counter. Choose your Brand Wisely. I personally like Puritans Pride. Please check out the link below. They have the most potent products and so far have tested true to what they say they are.
Puritan’s Pride Turmeric Curcumin 500 mg-180 Capsules
I’d like to leave you with a smile
Founder of bountifulharvesting.com
Mom and Grandma