With this being said, I need to stress that calories are not important when it comes to foods that are deemed Superfood. The benefits of oatmeal in any form, (except in cookies and muffins) far outweigh the caloric content. So eat it and with no regrets whatsoever.
Try Try Try to at least eat something with oatmeal in it everyday. HERE”S WHY
As I just said, Oatmeal has the title of Superfood. The only way to achieve that title is to be so packed with vitamins and nutrients. The health and healing effects of any superfood goes far and beyond nutrition. Any food that is considered a Superfood also has healing properties in it. That makes it possible to actually heal deseases and ailments that most doctors prescribe medicine for. If you ate all the superfoods and I will list them. You probably would be able to ditch some of the side effect causing medicines your doctor is getting paid to prescribe you.
Being a person of observation that I am
Also spending time in the medical field in my 20’s, I did notice that there is a spike in new medications that promise to cure your ills. But, the sad fact is, most of these medications have side effects that far outweigh the original problem.
These salesmen used to come a couple times a week with a boatload of new medications to encourage the doctor to prescribe them. Did you notice that everytime you went to the doctor and signed your name, it was with a pen that had some sort of medicine ad on it? well, these salesmen buy the whole staff at the medical office lunch at least twice a week and gave us pens and pads of paper with the drugs they were peddling. I remember that one always brought us iced coffee every week. Of course we all enjoyed it. This salesman was trying to buy our trust and obviously made tons of money off the doctor and for the doctor, for buying into his new drugs.
The Pharmaceutical companies are nothing but drug pushers making billions off of us
We take a new drug that has side effects that cause other problems. Then we will be needing drugs for the problem the first drug caused. That next drug will cause another problem we will be needing drugs for. WAKE UP PEOPLE. They don’t give a damn about you. They are profiting billions.
All you see on the TV now is ads for class action lawsuits for people dying for taking this drug and that drug and they died from the side effects.
These new drugs have no time study on humans, just animals. I have mentioned Thalidamide several times before. It was a drug introduced to doctors in the 50’s. It was for pregnant women for morning sickness. As a result of taking this seemingly safe drug, about 80% of the women who took it, had badly deformed babies. I mean horrible deformations. Look it up. You will be startled that a doctor prescribed this.
True Story 1976
When I became pregnant with my twins, I was seeking a good doctor to care for my pregnancy. I interviewed several doctors before I found the right one. I was dead set on an all natural birth and the best way to bring my babies into the world drug free.
The first doctor I interviewed was a fairly mature man who I imagine was a doctor in the 50’s, I threw all kinds of questions at him, and decided I did like him so I made my first appointment.
When I arrived at my time, we talked while he took my measurements and did the cervical thing. I told him I was nauseous every day and what could I do to relieve it. He wrote out a prescription and handed it to me. I asked him what it was. He said it was for nausea and to take it in the morning. I asked him about the time studies and trials and what was the side effects. He told me the drug was brand new and no time trials as of yet were available. So, essentially, I was the guinea pig.
So I asked the final question.
Umm, when you were a doctor in the 50’s, did you prescribe Thalidamide? The next ten seconds I will never forget. He stood up and got all red faced and told me to GET OUT OF HIS OFFICE. I stood up and said, Gladly, you will not be my doctor, and I left. Oh, before I left, I threw his worthless prescription back in his face.
Let’s look at One Good Example
Restless leg syndrome
Your doctor can give you medicine for that. Although the medicine can stop the restless leg syndrome, the side effects are horrible. To take this medication, you risk sudden bleeding in the intestines, strokes, blood on the brain, sudden death. As for me, I will tolerate the problem rather than kill myself by taking this drug or risk causing another health problem. Those were just a few, trust me, there is much more.
You can cure your own restless leg syndrome by walking, jogging, exercise, eating some Superfoods. For your own sake, please do not take the medication.
Eating oatmeal everyday in anything will in fact lower your cholesterol naturally. Unless you are a fast food junkie, If you are a fast food junkie you will have to take medicine to dramatically lower your cholesterol fast and risk sudden death. Fast food eaters who choose to eat it more than once a week have a higher mortality rate for dying well before their time from illness.
Oatmeal Health Benefits
- Oatmeal is packed with soluble fiber and healthy carbohydrates.
- lower cholesterol. Elevated total cholesterol is the main risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Examples of the dangers are the accumulation of low density lipoprotein, or LDL, a “bad” cholesterol that will cause deposits of plaque in your body’s arteries. If you eat soluble fiber-rich foods such as oatmeal , it is the most effective way to reduce elevated cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber forms a sticky gel in your digestive tract that will grab cholesterol and clear it from your body.
- Appetite. The compound β-glucan , is present in oatmeal and can increase the hunger fighting hormone cholecystokinin. You can further reduce your appetite by eating fiber rich foods and plenty of fruit.
- Colon Cancer. Nearly 50,000 adults die every year from colon cancer. You can reduce your risk by consuming foods that are rich in antioxidants such as oatmeal which is rich in a class of antioxidants such as avenanthramides that destroy the free radicals that cause colon cancer.
- Eating Oatmeal and fiber foods can actually cut your risks of cardiovascular and high blood pressure.
- Starting your day with oatmeal will greatly enhance your energy levels and pump up your immune system.
- Substantially lower your risk for type 2 Diabetes. Oatmeal is rich in magnesium which is considered a co factor for 300 enzymes. These include enzymes that the body can use for beneficial glucose and insulin secretions.
- Eating oatmeal has been linked to protection against atherosclerosis, stroke, diabetes, obesity, and premature dying
- Gluten Although it has been listed with the other oats that contain gluten, it has been
shown through research, especially in children with celiac desease that it can be tolerated.
- Researchers are trying to delete oatmeal from the list of gluten rich oats because of the low number of gluten found in oatmeal.
- Oatmeal is an excellent source of manganese and molybdenum. they also have tons of copper, phosphorus, biotin, vitamin B1, magnesium, dietary fiber, chromium, zinc and protein.
List of all Superfoods that should be eaten on a regular basis for achieving good health. This list was obtained from Dr. Oz.
- Black Soybean
- Coconut oil
- Chia Seeds
- Beet juice
- Mustard Greens
- Sweet Potatoes
- Red Wine
I will go in-depth on all these on future posts. Please come back to enjoy the information.
Oats contain purines. This is a naturally occurring substance. Some individuals are susceptible to purine related problems. Purines can be broken down to form uric acid. Too much purine in the body can cause an excess of uric acid to accumulate in the body. Gout and kidney stones are examples of problems that can arise from too much uric acid. If you have gout or kidney problems, it would be wise to limit your intake of all oats.
Try some recipes for adding oatmeal. You can put it anywhere. I found a great idea for eating oatmeal from a co-worker when I was talking about writing this post. He said he uses apple juice in place of water when he cooks it on the stove and when he cooks the little packets in the microwave, he uses water to cook it, then he adds apple juice to make the consistency he likes. We all have tried that instant packet of oatmeal. To me it came out too dry. I tried it again and added apple juice to it to get it moister, and Wow, I can’t get enough now. I take a packet to work every morning and eat it at my first break. It tastes wonderful. I forgot to mention he used half water half apple juice in the stovetop cooking of oatmeal.
I hope you enjoyed my post. I enjoyed writing it. Please join my newsletter so you don’t miss any informative posts in the future. Please leave a comment or question, or tips. I love to hear from my readers about their experiences and concerns.
Have a Bountiful Day
Founder of bountifulharvesting.com
Anderson JW. Whole grains and coronary heart disease: the whole kernel of truth.Am J Clin Nutr. 2004 Dec;80(6):1459-60. 2004. PMID:15585755.
Corol DI, Ravel C, Raksegi M, et al. Effects of genotype and environment on the contents of betaine, choline, and trigonelline in cereal grains. Journal of Agricultural